Monday, August 1, 2016

Memory Box August Challenge

Hey there!

I hope you had a fabulous weekend! I am in denial about school starting so soon, because I swear summer just began! This month, the challenge over at the Memory Box blog is "Yellow." I love this color, it's so happy. Interestingly, I combined it with snowflakes, yes, snowflakes.


First off, though, please forgive my photos...I have no idea why they turned out blue. BLUE, people! It alludes me how they can be fine one photo, and the other turns a kaleidescope of colors the next. Anyhow, I started by blending yellows, and oranges onto a piece of water color paper, and then ran it through by die cut machine with the Radiant Frame die. I then placed the open die cut onto my card base, and reinserted the pieces.


Once the pieces were adhered, I removed the top portion (which can be saved for later) and began die cutting my snowflakes. For those, I chose three different sets, which include:

All of these are from the newest release. I used a thin double sided adhesive on my card stock before I die cut these, so I would get a sticky side to adhere the glitter with. You could use glitter paper for this as well. 



I removed the paper backing, and dipped each flake into a glitter bath, burnished it really well, and adhered them in an upward pattern onto the card front. It reminded me of a very sunny day with snow on the ground. :)

Thank you so much for stopping in! I hope you decide to join us this month for the challenge. Details will be on the Blog! Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, stunning card in my favorite color !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a stunner Lindsay - love this with the shading and the glittery snowflakes!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS