Friday, February 24, 2012

Beaver Creek

Hey there!  I don't know about you, but I am so glad it is Friday!  I was finally able to sign up at Studio Calico and got the February kit today!  I even managed to eek out some time to make a page.  I think this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship, I only wish I had signed up sooner!


I have had this picture of John and I sitting around and decided it would work well for this page.


To start, I wanted to try a fun technique of masking and embossing my sentiment.  I took a transparency sheet, adhered my letter stickers and applied a good coating of Versamark over the whole thing.  I then embossed it with white powder and carefully removed the letter stickers, revealing the open title.


I then layered my transparency sheet onto solid patterned paper as well as other papers from the kit.  I took one of the fabric trims included, and sprayed it with orange mist from October Afternoon and adhered it under my photo mat.


I added a few tidbits, a button, a ribbon piece and a bit of an October Afternoon Miscellany label, as well as one of the gorgeous butterflies included!


I also incorporated the label stamp that is included in the kit, love, and wrote the date within it.

Thanks so much for popping over today, have a wonderful weekend!








Supplies:
Paper: White American Crafts
Patterned Paper: Various papers from Kit
Stamps: Mini Frame Stamp Studio Calico + Hero Arts 
Embellishments: SprINKlers, Farmhouse Miscellany October Afternoon, Mistables Pinked Trim Pink Paislee
Tools: Tiny Attacher Tim Holtz, White Embossing Powder American Crafts, Striped Ribbon The Ribbon Carousel, Black Multi-liner Copic


 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS