I hope you're week is going well! I have the latest Share Joy Challenge to bring you, and it is all about fall! The leaves are slowly fading, and changing color here in Northeast Ohio. How about where you are?
I just love these leaf die cuts, and how much texture you get from curling them up a little after adhering them to the card front. Keep reading to see how I created this card!
I started with a piece of Snow card stock, and the Woodgrain Embossing Folder. Taking a foam blending tool, I applied a liberal amount of brown ink to give it a distressed look. I created a notecard from a piece of Chocolate card stock, and adhered the panel to it at an angle.
To create the leaves, I used the Mini, and Mega leaves die sets, and cut them from watercolor card stock. Taking watercolor paints, I added several layers of pigment, allowing them to dry in between each layer.
I used a piece of vellum, die cut from the Stitched Circle Stacklets, and heat embossed my sentiment onto it, adhering it to the front of the card. I then arranged, and adhered the leaves, as well as gold sequins.
What do you think? Will you give this challenge a try? I would love to see what you create! Thanks so much for stopping by!
Each week we will be bring you two types of challenges that you can use separately or together to inspire your creativity. One of the challenges will always be a sketch. The other challenge will vary each week. It's up to you if you want to use just one of the challenge components or both together. New challenges will be posted each .
To enter the challenge, simply follow these instructions:
- Create a new card or project using either or both components of the challenge posted above. Use of Taylored Expressions products is optional.
- Post your project on your personal blog or online gallery. Please directly link to the Share Joy Challenge blog in your post.
- Add a direct link to your project using the InLinkz below.
- Send or give your card to a friend, loved one, or someone who could use some joy!
- Leave a comment on this post telling us who you sent your card to and why. Don't forget this one!! We LOVE hearing from you!!
- A winner will be chosen at random each week to receive a $15 Taylored Expressions Gift Certificate. Winning entries that use TE products will receive a $20 Taylored Expressions Gift Certificate.
- Each month, we will award a Grand Prize to a TE Share Joy Challenge participant. The more you play throughout the month, the better your chance to win!
- Weekly winners will be announced at the time of the new challenge launch each .