Tuesday, June 2, 2015

RIC #85

Hey, hey!

I have the latest Runway Inspired Challenge today, and it's full of inspiration! Let's see what I did, shall we?



There are quite a few avenues to take with this, but I used the colors. Oh, and some bling, because you can never have too much sparkle! Our fabulous sponsor for this challenge is the awesome, Winnie & Walter! I love there stamps, including this fantastic set, called In Bloom: Addie's Garden, which I used today.


To start, I took a white panel, and did a bit of masking, creating a large cluster of flowers, and leaves. It was slightly tedious, but hey, it beats housework hands down!


I then took the Scenery: Big Bang Confetti set, and white heat embossed the solid circle images. I brought in a bit of Milled Lavender Distress Ink, and then began coloring my flowers.


I used quite a few Distress Ink colors, including Abandoned Coral, Cracked Pistacio, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, and Mermaid Lagoon. After I colored the images, and allowed it to dry, I ran it through my die cut machine with a rectangle die. I also die cut a rectangle from a black card base, and inlaid the panel.


I grabbed The Big, the Bold, and the Happy, and heat embossed the large happy onto vellum using Onyx Black Versafine, and clear powder. I added anniversary below, and finished it with clear rhinestones.

There is a generous prize being offered by Winnie & Walter to the winner of this challenge, so what do you say? Give it a go! We can't wait to see what you make.


2 comments:

  1. I'm not much of a fussy cutter but I do love how you've laid out this set. I have it but have only used the hydrangea. This has inspired me to get it out and make a bouquet. I love the idea of the bold sentiment on vellum. I see you cut that out, too. Not a easy task but it's looks great.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS