Thursday, June 18, 2015

Make A Wish

Hello there!

I thought I would pop in with a fun birthday card, as a little encouragement to play along with this months AEIHeartU Challenge! Using a rainbow scheme on a card can be a fun way to play up an image, or even a background for one. I decided to make it the focal point of my card.


I started with a trimmed down panel, and stamped the fun plate of cake onto it, from the Bring On the Cake set. I then masked it off, and added Cracked Pistachio, and Peacock Feathers Distress inks. After removing the mask, I added the piece of cake, which I had stamped onto a separate piece of paper, colored with pencils, and cut out.


I stamped my sentiment, and popped up the panel onto a card base, to which I had adhered a piece of patterned paper from the 6x6 Everyday Collection paper pad. I then added a few sequins, and called it good! I wish I had a video to share with you, but time escaped me this week. Hopefully there will be another up soon! Thanks for stopping by.


2 comments:

  1. OMGosh, that's CUTE! What a *sweet* idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out that cake slice!!!...lol...YUM! Super cute, Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS