Saturday, December 7, 2013

Merry & Bright

Hi there crafty friends!

I am swinging by to share a card inspired by the latest Runway Inspired Challenge.  This was a fun one, don't know why exactly!


I brought out the spray mists, and set to colorizing the front of the card using the colors represented on her dress.


I took the stamps and dies from the Laurels set by Avery Elle, and stamped and impressed those onto the front.  I then stamped my sentiment.


As a last touch, I noticed she was wearing a gold bracelet, so I scattered some fabulous gold sequins onto the card!  

Here is a look at the picture.


So, my sweet 5 year old loves to get crafty while I am busy doing the same, and he really wanted to make a card using the inspiration picture too.  I had started inking up a panel of cardstock, and just didn't like the way it looked so I was going to pitch it.  Jonathan had to have it, and turned it into a card!  I said I would share it on my blog, so here it is!  :0) My husband says he should start a child art blog.  What a great idea!


Thanks so much for stopping by today, have a great one!


12 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this Lindsay!! You have a great eye to see that tiny gold bracelet! Love the embossed/stamped branch - I always forget about that technique, but it's def one of my faves!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I like your card, I think your son would win the challenge. There's nothing greater than the free motion of children's art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is wonderful--I love all those sprayed colors. However, the biggest claps today need to go to your sweet son. He has inherited your talent, and I just love the card he made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your cards are such fun! Love the way you impressed yours~

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cool cards. Your son's would make an amazing background...he's SO talented already. I can totally see it with a simple die cut sentiment against it. WOW, he obviously gets his talent from his mom! Love the idea of a child's art blog. I could see my boys getting into that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is GORGEOUS, Lindsay!! I love the color splashes and the use of black diecut! Your 5-year old can totally have a blog, better yet, I love the side by side inspiration that you both have (such as this one here)! I must say that the apple does not fall far from the tree! What a brilliant design for a 5-year old! Thanks for joining the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool - both of your art works!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing cards Lindsay! The way you colored it is outstanding! Your son did a marvelous job as well...he is so creative, I will not be surprise if he will be like Tim Holtz one day *wink.*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an awesome unconventional holiday card!! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, and your son's card is perfect. I loved it so much I showed my husband- he gave it a thumbs up too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your festive take on the inspiration and your son looks like a budding artist!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the mists!! And I love your son's take on the photo as well!! He should definitely join us more often :D Thanks for joining us on Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS