Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hello Sister

Hey there!  Thank you for popping over to see me!  Today, I am sharing a fun tip on making your own button embellishment.  I don't own any button dies, so I decided to make my own using Skipping Stones Design stamps and some thin chipboard.  Let's get started.


First, I took thin chipboard and die cut circles from it.


I then rubbed yellow ink over the circles to cover them with color.


Taking a pencil I marked where I wanted the holes to be and using my Crop O Dile, punched my holes.


I took a yellow ink, slightly darker than the first yellow I coated the pieces with and stamped it with the music notes strip from Timeless Textures.


Lastly, I coated them with Glossy Accents and allowed them to dry.


Here is a look at the final project, a card I gave to my lovely sister!  I used October Afternoon's Sidewalk collection for this card.



Thanks again for dropping in!  Have a great day.


Supplies:
Paper: Tan, White American Crafts
Patterned Paper: Sidewalk Collection October Afternoon
Stamps: Beautiful Botanicals, Timeless Textures Skipping Stones Design
Ink: Harvest, Honey Fresh Ink, Tuxedo Black Tsukineko
Embellishments: Chipboard, Red/White Twine Whisker Graphics, Rustic Twine Ribbon Carousel Store, Toothpick, Sidewalks Collection Label Stickers October Afternoon
Tools: Scallop Border Punch Fiskars, Glossy Accents Ranger, Crop O' Dile We R Memory Keepers
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS