Friday, March 23, 2012

Boppy Boy

Hey hey!  So thankful it is Friday, although I felt like this week went pretty quickly.  I hadn't been able to scrapbook for a couple of weeks, and truth be told, I missed it!  So yesterday I puttered around in my room and found some of these older photos from when Jonathan was a baby.  I grabbed my Story Hour Kit from Studio Calico and set to work.  I found this sketch (scroll a ways down) from their blog posted last summer and used it for my layout.  Most of the papers, however, ended up being from the Abroad paper pack.


Starting with a bit of white acrylic paint, I spritzed my navy cardstock and layered on some papers from Studio Calico's newest Abroad Collection 6x6 paper pack.  To which I matted my photos, some popped up, some not.


I added strips of patterned paper and a cluster of embellishments, using the fabulous Dear Lizzy Date stamp from last months kit.  I added a bit of stamping here and there using white ink.


Lastly, I added my title, a mix of letter stickers from October Afternoon and BasicGrey.


I hope you were inspired, have you scrapbooked lately?  I hope so, I find it seriously therapeutic.  Have a great weekend my friends!

P.S.
I thought I would share the link to my husband's blog, Organic City Farm.  He has been journaling about gardening, and different fun projects around the house.  Plus, there is a cutie picture of Jonathan too!

Supplies:
Paper: Story Hour Kit
Patterned Paper: Crate Paper, Studio Calico Abroad
Stamps: Hero Arts, The Craft's Meow Telegram
Ink: White Brilliance Tsukineko
Embellishments: American Crafts Chap Brads, Sassafrass Brad, October Afternoon Letter Stickers, Button, Twine Whisker Graphics
Tools: Scallop Border Punch, Small and Medium Circle Punches Fiskars 
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS