Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Core of It Is...

Hello my friend!  Welcome!  Today, I have a cutie little card to share with you using Sweet Stamp Shop's The Core Of It set!  The apples in this set are too fun and funky!  Check it out!


To start, I took a rustic cream card base, stamped my eaten apple and shaded it in with Copic Markers and stamped my sentiment.


Next, I cut a few strips of card stock, punched a scallop border on one of them and adhered them to my card base.


Lastly, I cut a circle, stamped a bit of a pattern on it and added a few coordinating buttons threaded with floss.


I hope you enjoyed my project today, have a great one!

Lindsay

Supplies:
Paper: Rustic White, Harvest Gold, Hawaiian Shores Papertrey Ink
Stamps: The Core of It Sweet Stamp Shop, Tin Types Papertrey Ink
Ink: Tuxedo Black Tsukineko, Hawaiian Shores Papertrey Ink, Copic Markers
Embellishments: White Embroidery Floss DMC, Yellow Buttons Papertrey Ink
Tools: Scallop Border Punch Fiskars

19 comments:

  1. Cute color combo: check. Adorable patterns and scallops: check. Threaded buttons: check. Awesome coloring: double check. This card is awesomeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so cute, and you did such a great job with the coloring. I love the half circle on top--makes it look almost like an envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE these colors!!! Such a beautiful combo and the layout is perfect! Great job on the apple too, it could pop right off the front!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such happy colors. The coloring of apple is perfect. Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. darling!!!!!
    love aqua & yellow together, so fresh!!
    ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable stamp. So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the color combo on your card! Your coloring is so awesome--even your eaten apple looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Love the colors and the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about this card--I LOOOOOOOOOVE the coloring and shading! You've got some talent!!!! I will be the first in line to take a course from you--if you ever have a class!! I love it:) And I love your color story! FAB FAB FAB:) You rock:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout!! Such a bright, sun-shiney card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a darling card...love love love the fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So darn cute!! Love the colors!!! I've just been through the last few posts that I'd missed - girl, you are on FIYAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. super sweet card Lindsay - love the mix of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is awesome. From the fab colour combo, those yummy yellow buttons, cool shape, and AWESOME colouring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE these bright, happy, playful colors, Lindsay! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS