Saturday, August 20, 2011

You're Fabulous

Hello and happy Saturday my friend!  Thanks for popping in, I always appreciate your visits.  Today I have a fun card to share with you using The Play Date Cafe's fabulous color combo of Navy, Bubblegum and Leaf Green!  Phew, this one started out a bit rocky and then I began rearranging things and bingo!  I had myself a card...love when that happens.  I do believe I am finding myself addicted to their fun color combos over at the Cafe!


To start I took a piece of pink striped patterned paper from Echo Parks Dots & Stripes mini pad and adhered it to a white card base.


I then die cut some Enchanted Evening card stock using the Beautiful Blooms dies from Papertrey Ink.  Brushed the edges with Fresh Snow ink and adhered a threaded New Leaf Button to the flower centers.


I stamped my sentiment in Enchanted Evening ink and adhered three pearls underneath to finish it off.


Here is a look at the inspirational pic:


I hope you enjoyed!  Have a wonderful, crafty weekend peeps!

Lindsay

Supplies:
Paper: White, Enchanted Evening Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Dots & Stripes Echo Park
Stamps: Essential Messages Hero Arts
Ink: Enchanted Evening, Fresh Snow Papertrey Ink
Embellishments: New Leaf Buttons Papertrey Ink, White Embroidery Floss DMC, Pearls Hero Arts
Tools: Beautiful Blooms Dies Papertrey Ink

23 comments:

  1. Oh, this is really cool! I'm still trying to wrap my head around these colors...lol. Love the bit if white on your flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! So bold and beautiful. The white edges on the flowers add so much dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW!!! SO fun and cheerful!!! LOVE it ! Thanks so much for joining us AGAIN Lindsay, we love having you at The Play Date Csfe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!! I really like this week's color combo. Love the white on your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fabulous. Love the white tips on the petals. Bright fun and cheery. :)
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this one I especially love those flowers how clever those tips you've made. And I'm also hooked on the combo's by the playdatecafe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindsay I LOVE what you did to this navy flowers!!! What a great idea!!! Such a fun, fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bold and bright card. The brushed the ink on the edge of navy flower really make the flowers stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. I love those colors. The white on the blue flowers really does a great job of softening up the look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun and cheery card!! tfs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how your worked the colors and highlighted the flowers, too. So bright and cheery! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this bright, bold card! The inking on the flowers is a gorgeous touch - really makes them pop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this! You do pink so effortlessly! LOVE how you did those flowers, the white edges, the green buttons, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a happy card Lindsay!!! This flower die from PTI is one of my favorites! Super job :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are fabulous too, my friend! How beautiful and bright this card is!

    ReplyDelete
  16. great colors, love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card, Lindsay!! Congrats on being featured in PaperCrafts Connection!! So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the inking on the edge of the flowers. It's a cool look!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lindsay, this is dynamic! I like the way you've tipped those flowers in a bit of white, to help give dimension. And BTW, love your work in Paper Crafts' mags! I was just looking thru Stamp It (again) today, and thought, "I sure do like the things Lindsay makes." :) Thanks for playing with us at The pLay DAte Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh! We're so glad you're addicted to our color stories :)! LOVE having your creations grace our gallery! And this one is no different! LOVE those gorgeous, inked and layered blossoms! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You totally rocked the colors!! LOVE what you did with the distressed flower petals-brilliant! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The white ink on the edges of the petals is so effective - love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS