Monday, August 22, 2011

Leaf With Gratitude

Hello and happy Monday friend!  Thank you for joining me here today.  I am so excited because today I am being featured over at the Paper Crafts Connection blog today, I do hope you will stop over there and see!  I was lucky enough to have eight cards chosen for publication for the Card Idea special issue.  I submitted 22 cards for that call, that is how much I love sketches!!  I don't know if I could ever do that many again!

Anyway, I had a bit of crafty time over the weekend and decided to make a Thanksgiving card.  Seriously, I don't want to even think about the end of fall yet!  I mean, really, it hasn't even started, but I figured I would get a head start on those thank you's for all of the delicious food I will no doubt consume on that day.  I revisited Cath's Moxie Fab World Fabulous Felt challenge and created this:


I started by adhering a strip of Autumn Abundance patterned paper to the base of the card, along with a brown card stock strip.


I took the Leaf Prints set and stamped the vein image onto Simply Chartreuse and Harvest Gold felt and hand cut them out.  I don't own the dies yet, someone please tell me why this is?  I then adhered them to my card with Scor-tape.  Threaded a big orange button with twine and secured it on.


Lastly, I took a sentiment from Timeless Tags by The Craft's Meow and stamped it in brown ink.


I have a few more to do, but this is a start!  I hope you enjoyed and I will catch you later!  Have a great day.

Lindsay

Supplies:
Paper: Rustic Cream, Dark Chocolate Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Autumn Abundance Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Leaf Prints Papertrey Ink, Timeless Tags The Craft's Meow
Ink: Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa Tsukineko
Embellishments: Orange Zest Button, Rustic Jute Twine, Simply Chartreuse, Harvest Gold Felt Papertrey Ink

30 comments:

  1. Yahooo! Congrats on the feature Lindsay, that's awesome! And I love what you did with the felt on this card - very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being featured!!! What a fabulous card, Lindsay! I love the felt leaves and the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a pretty card!! you just popped up in my google reader on papercrafts blog!! can't wait to read it and learn more about you!! congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8 selected? Wow, that's awesome Lindsay! Congrats.

    Love this card. So crisp and clean and you have GOT to get those dies, girl! I don't have them - or the set (haha)- but if you're going to have the stamps, you HAVE to have the die! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool to see you on the PC blog today! And was it really only 8 you got published? I remember when I was thumbing through it that your name seemed to be on every other page! :)
    Love your card - perfect autumness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome sauce on getting 8 cards pubbed - that was the evil issue of disappointment for me, nothing selected here, so yay you! Love your fall card and I'm with you, not ready for fall yet at all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for you and your well deserved spotlight on the Paper Crafts blog!

    Your fall card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to you Lindsay, so well deserved for you to be in the spotlight and have so many picked up for publication! This card is great, love the stamped look on felt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Lindsay - I adore fall so I don't think this is too early at all (so sick of this heat!) Congratulations on being featured over at PaperCrafts today - wow! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on being featured over at Paper Crafts today! Loved reading more about you :)
    Gorgeous leaves on this beautiful card - love the added texture the felt gives it!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous fall card with felt! Love the fall colors and leaf details! Congrats on the feature in Paper Crafts Connections! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the feature in paper crafts you sure rock. Love your fall felt card it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the feature! I loved reading it! This card is gorgeous and you did an awesome job cutting out those leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the feature on the PC. Love this card. Fabulous color and stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved the PC feature, congrats!! This card is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is really beautiful. I love the felt leaf. Congratulations on getting so many cards published, and also on your feature interview.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card! (I don't want to think about fall yet, either!). I saw your post on PC Connections--love your concentric circle card!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. awesome card..I love love these colors..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lindsay....CONGRATS on your publication success!!! How thrilling...wishing you the best...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. those hand cut leaves are awesome - i thought for sure they were die-cuts!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This card is so… WOW!!! I love the colors and the felt leaves! And huge congrats on the feature!!! Woo Hooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Huge congrats on your starring role on the PC blog today! What a pleasant surprise!

    Love the fall colors of your card and the warmth of the felt. I am definitely ready for the cooler weather and beauty of autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations! I am so ready for fall and all the yummy food too. I love the pretty felt leaves. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooo! LOVE that fall color combo! And all those fabulous textures are amazing! Congratulations on your feature today! Go, Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on the feature!!! You go girl!!! And this is a perfectly festive fall card!!! LOVE IT!!! And extra kudos to you for cutting out those leaves---looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. so pretty, Lindsay! love the felt leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  27. ....and congrats on having 8 cards published! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amazing! Congrats on 8 cards, that is SOOOOOO fabulous! That's gotta be some sort of record. :)

    Love those felt leaves, and the orange plaid....so fab!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey Lindsay! Thanks for linking this up to the Fabulous Felt challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. so pretty, love the felt leaves with that pattern paper!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS