Friday, March 24, 2017

Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop

Helloooooo!

Well, here were are! Spring! I adore the Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop for many reasons. One, it's Spring, FINALLY! Secondly, I love coffee! For my card today, I combined a couple of different stamp sets, and watercolors, and created a sweet little friendship card.


I began with a piece of Canson Bristol Smooth paper, and cut it to a standard size card (4 1/4 x 5 1/2). I then stamped three coffee cups from Neat and Tangled's Perfect Blend stamp set. Using Dark Brown, and Beige Kuretake Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers, I colored in the coffee in the cups. I then added a bit of shading to the side of the cups using watered down Light Gray, and Blue Gray markers. 


I took Ranger Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass and Broken China, and painted around the cups, and allowed it to dry. I had started using a heat tool, but it was warping quite a bit, so I stopped, and set it aside. I also sandwich it in between a piece of paper, and roll it through my die cut machine, or under a book for a while.


To give it a spring feel, I stamped a couple of flowers from My Favorite Things Mini Modern Blooms, and cut them out, adhering them to the top corner of the mug. I then added a sentiment from Neat and Tangled's Scandinavian Prints stamp set.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoy your day, and the rest of this hop! Happy Spring!


42 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the water colored background and the additional flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love this Concord & 9th set :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this image, with the unique perspective! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Wow! Wow! I'm in love for your card!!! Beautiful colouring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card! Love the pop of Spring colors of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and fun watercoloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lindsay!
    This is FABULOUS!! I'm a coffee lover, too. Thanks for sharing your talents.

    For another fun challenge, you're welcome to join us at Word Art Wednesday (our sponsor is Simon Says Stamp). We'd love to have you. www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lindsay this is so sweet! I love the added blue watercoloring and the pretty blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic coloring. Love the coffee the way you colored it. Lovely flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card lovely watercolors

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Card! Love the watercolors

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty, love the watercolored BG!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great design and love your watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card! Love the water coloring and the beautiful pop of colors with those pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card, Lindsay.
    Great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lindsay, that is a sweet and beautiful card! Love your Spring themes coffee card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely card, Lindsay! Love the watercolor BG

    ReplyDelete
  18. This caught my eye immediately! It's perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely gorgeous Lindsay.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute and I love the watercolor background.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous! I love the Coffee Lovers Blog hop I am always so inspired by all of the amazing card and crafting artists. I really love your water coloring!

    Have a great day!
    Jessica Lynn
    http://www.jessicalynnoriginal.net

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card and I love the watercolor background. The flowers are the perfect touch for the spring! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this card. The flowers are the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sweet wash of blue and yummy cups of coffee! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love how you colored your card!! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cups with coffee in them. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, your watercoloring on the coffee cups is simply amazing! I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  29. the coffee looks like a real one and the watercolor blue BG I love it
    great card miss lady
    I would be so happy if you visit my blog too I made 3 coffee cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sweet! I like the added flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  31. this card is soooooo gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS