Tuesday, April 21, 2015

RIC #82

Hi guys!

How's your week going? Mine? Filled to the brim with toddler insanity. Blue Sharpie on my couch (lots of it), tantrums, no sleep, more tantrums. For real, I am beat! I know, they grow so fast, but honestly, I think I will pass on this stage. Want to see the latest Runway Inspired Challenge? It certainly cheers this momma up! Check it out:

                                    


Ohhh, I love that dress! Obviously I was inspired by the black and gold, but did you check out the background too? There are so many possibilities to it!


I started with a piece of Tim Holtz watercolor paper, and added Black Soot Distress Ink to it with lots of water. I kept layering the color, drying and layering until I got the look I wanted. After I got done with the panel, I moved on to die cutting the fun wreath from Wplus9 called Spring Wreath Die, from Gold cardstock I had gotten in a Simon Says Stamp card kit. I layered two of those together with foam, and adhered it onto the watercolor panel.


I die cut a hello from My Favorite Things Happy Hello die set, from black cardstock. I added Clear Wink of Stella to it, and coated it in Glossy Accents. I adhered it loosely to the panel, and the tucked in a couple of vellum leaves from Wplus9's Folk Art Floral die set.

I adhered the panel to a piece of black cardstock, and added that to a white card base. I hope you enjoyed, and decide to play along! Our fab sponsor is Ellen Hutson, and a generous gift certificate will go to the lucky winner. Check out the other gals cards, always amazing!


3 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so pretty!
    I hope you get a little break from all the tantrums....I do remember those days, believe me it'll pass. Hang in there momma! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea.....wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS