Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Take Two Thursday: SSS January Kit

Hellooo!

My good pal Katie and I are sharing projects we've made with the January Simon Says Stamp Card kit on a Wednesday this time around, instead of Thursday.  I really like the papers, and used them on both of my cards today.


You're never going to guess what kind of card I made...go on guess?  HAHA!  Yup, a shaker.  We'll get to that in a moment, how about something clean and simple.


I used the worded brown paper, and stamped the adorable snowflake image onto it, using Mint Julep, Pool, Soft Brown, and Wet Cement Hero Arts Shadow Inks.  I added Blossomberry from Wplus9 to tie in the purple. 


I then took Cup O' Joe ink, and stamped my sentiment, adding a bit of shimmer to the letters with a Wink of Stella Glitter Brush Pen.


For this, I covered the card base with patterned paper, and then created a shaker box using two pieces of acetate, and foam tape.  I added micro beads in the coordinating colors, and sealed it up, adhering the box to my card base.  


I stamped the sentiment in Versamark, and gold heat embossed it, trimmed it out, and adhered it over the shaker box.  Lastly, I added a few gold sequins (not in the kit) from Pretty Pink Posh.

I can't wait to see what Katie has come up with using this kit, because I am sure it is fabulous!  Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. I love your cards, especially the shaker! Those background papers from the kit are gorgeous! I would have a hard time using them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you stamped over your designer paper Lindsay and what a beautiful shaker.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS