Monday, December 8, 2014

Merry & Bright Tag and Tutorial

Hi!

It's a new week, and the time is getting closer, and closer to Christmas.  I am busy getting homemade gifts made and to go with those gifts, handmade gift tags!  I am currently making this trio of gifts for the women in my family, and the guys will get something too (obviously manly, lol!).  To help me on my tag making spree, I tapped into the 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist from Ellen Hutson to get me going.  I also distressed it to coincide with Virginia's Views latest challenge!  It's been awhile since I did a bit of distressing! Check it out:




I started by using a Heidi Swapp stencil, and adding Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste to the top of a tag I made out of cream cardstock.  Julie Ebersole is the master of making her own tags, and I think it's super fun.  Here is how I made it.


Gather these items:

1. Crop O Dile
2. Angle Corner Chomper
3. 1/2 in circle punch
4. Piece of cardstock cut to your desired tag size (mine is 2 3/4 x 4 1/2)
5. Ink
6. Ruler, and pencil


Using the Angle side, punch the corners of one side of your piece of cardstock.


Measuring from the center, mark where you need to punch the ribbon/twine hole


Punch hole using the large punch setting on the Crop O' Dile.


Taking a piece of white cardstock, apply an even layer of ink, and allow it to dry.  This will be your reinforcer.


Using the hole punch again, make a hole in the colored piece.


Take the 1/2 inch hole punch, and punch that out.  You can then glue this to the tag when you are finished decorating it!  Easy!


So, to complete my distressed tag, I took the Merry & Bright stamp set, and matching dies from Wplus9, and cut out the smaller poinsettia images.  I also die cut a few of the leaves, and greenery, along with the candle and glass lamp, arranging those on my tag front after stamping them with Hero Arts, and Wplus9 inks.  I then stamped my sentiment in Walnut Stain Distress ink.

To finish it, I glued on the reinforcer, and added rustic twine.  I can't wait to add these to my gift bags, and hopefully I can show you how they all turn out.  Thanks for hanging in there with me!


2 comments:

  1. Love the tag!! Your process is so fun to see! Thanks for sharing, Lindsay!! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All Things Distressed

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS