Thursday, August 7, 2014

Take Two Thursday: Fun With You

Hiya!

I am back with my good pal Katie, as well take a stamp set and create something with it.  This week we chose the Lawn Fawn's Love You S'more stamp set.  Now, the i {heart} papers store is currently out of this set, but there are a gazillion others to chose from.  I also chose to use the dies that go with it for my project, cause I love em.  


I really wanted to use the adorable pine trees!  Confession: I am terrible at lining things up when I stamp, so I took a pencil, and made lines equal distance apart and stamped the trees in two green inks, Green Dye ink, and Soft Green, both from Hero Arts.  Amazingly, I managed to get them straight, haha!


I tried heat embossing my sentiment in white on vellum, but it just didn't show up against the card base.  So, I tried black sparkle powder, what a disaster!  Glitter everywhere!  I ended up stamping the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black and sprinkling Hero Arts Clear embossing powder over it.  It's not as vibrant, but it did the job!  Yeah!


For my cutie critters, I stamped them onto watercolor paper, and colored them in heavily with cheap watercolors from Michaels.  I then die cut them out, and adhered them to the card front.

I hope you were inspired today, thanks so much for popping by!  Now, click on over to see how Katie was inspired to use this set.  I know it will be A-dorable!




2 comments:

  1. Aww Lindsay, this is so cute. I LOVE how you stamps the pine trees to create the background- super clever. You watercolor critters are the cutest too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Lining things up can be quite a challenge for sure but it came out perfect :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS