Monday, August 4, 2014

A Day To Celebrate

Hi friends!


I was finally able to ink up some of the stamps from my recent Altenew order.  There are some really fun sets!  To get my mojo going, I turned to Virginia's View Challenge to create a shaped card.  Now, a circle isn't very original, but when you're low on mojo and short on time...you get a circle.  HA! 


To start, I die cut two circles, and adhered them together.  I then used a stencil that I made using my Silhouette Portrait and this cut file, taping it down really well to my work surface, and sponging on a mini rainbow.  I then removed the stencil, and stamped my sentiment from Altenew's Birthday Bash set.  I stamped the sentiment again and heat embossed it, trimmed out the banner portion, and popped it up.


I stamped the party favor in Archival ink, and using distress inks, adding a bit of color to the image, before trimming it out and adhering it with foam tape.

That's a wrap!  Thanks for stopping by to take a peek, have a great one!


5 comments:

  1. Love your colours. Brilliant card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome, Lindsay! I love how you used the Birthday Bash stamp set. Way to rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock this circle card, Lindsay!! I love everything about it. It may be just a circle (like you said), but it packs a punch! The inking is absolutely gorgeous! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Shape Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS