Monday, August 27, 2012

Thoughts of You

Hello there!  I thought I would pop in and share a card that I just made, using the latest challenge from Runway Inspired #18.  I haven't played in a challenge in forever, and I have missed it!  I have to admit, I feel a bit rusty lately, hence the need for a challenge.  A dear friend of mine just lost her stepfather, and I wanted to send her a card to let her know I was thinking of her.  With that in mind, I reached for a set I hadn't inked up yet, Paper Smooches Reflections set.  Here is what I made.


To start, I stamped and stamped off the leaves in Fresh Ink's Mojito, adding the flowers in Amuse Studio's Blueberry, which mimic the models flowery blouse.  I then added orange rhinestones, as I was inspired by her fun purse, and lastly, added some striped paper because of her pants and some orange Divine Twine.


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Tomorrow, I will be back with the latest Ribbon Carousel Challenge, so stop back!




Supplies:
Paper- Licorice, Marshmallow Bazzill Card Shoppe
Patterned Paper: Portrait Collection Crate Paper
Stamps: Word Salad, Reflections Paper Smooches
Ink: Mojito Fresh Ink, Blueberry Amuse Studio, Tuxedo Black Tsukineko
Embellishment: Rhinestones Michael's, Twine Whisker Graphics, Black Button
Tools: Orange Copic Markers, Corner Rounder WRMK

8 comments:

  1. I love flowers and I love blues, so I ADORE this card, Lindsay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever so pretty, Lindsay! LOVE all the layered stamping and your horizontal, black stripes! Oh! And I hear big congrats are in order! So happy for you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you worked that mojito ink to get two shades.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsay! How good to see you playing in challenges again! This is gorgeous - I love shade of the blue flowers against that green - it really hits a happy spot! (This set is on my wish list ... you aren't helping my resolve not to push the submit button :0)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. and P.S. I've been away from blogland for a while - but I did hear a rumour about your family growing by 'two feet' in the near future :0) Congratulations - I'm so thrilled for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! This card has such a serene quality to it. So great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty...love the popped up blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet card! Love the dimension of those blooms and your pop of orange twine!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS