Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tuesday Trigger- Thinking of You

Hello!  My creative juice puttered out there for a few, but that was remedied my the latest Tuesday Trigger over at the Moxie Fab World.  Wow!  I love that photo!  It reminds me of all the inspiration I would get from my mom's old Country Living magazines when I lived at home.  So for my card today, I incorporated all those summery fun colors I found in the photo onto my card.


Starting with all that red!  First, I stamped my leaf image (inspired by the pots of flowers) onto a white base.  Added a bit of Hawaiian Shores CS punched with a pretty shape to copy the pillow ruffle.


Stamped my flowers in red and cut one out.  To copy the look of the glass, I added rhinestones to the centers.  Yellow anyone?  My favorite color!  I die cut a Mat Stack 4 (PTI) frame and then die cut the center with Fillable Frames 7 (also PTI) and popped it up with foam. 


Threaded some Hawaiian Shores buttons and adhered those.


Lastly, I stamped my sentiment in Black, which I believe you can find a bit in the pic, and adhered the panel down to a red card base!  Ta-da! 

Here is the inspiration picture:


Thank you so much for checking it out!  I always appreciate your visits.  Have a great day!

Lindsay

Supplies used:
Paper: Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores, White, Harvest Gold
Stamps: Hello Lucious HA/BasicGrey, Turning A New Leaf Papertrey Ink, With Sympathy HA
Ink: Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado Papertrey Ink, Tuxedo Black Tsukineko
Embellishments: Hawaiian Shores Buttons Papertrey Ink, DMC Floss, Clear Rhinestones Me & My Big Ideas
Tools: Fillable Frames 7, Mat Stack 4 Dies Papertrey Ink, Deco Scallop Border Punch EK Success

20 comments:

  1. Great card Lindsay! I love the frame you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous fresh take on the trigger....love all the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, LOVE the frame you made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Lindsay. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bright colours - love the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely lovely! Thanks for walking us through each element and how it was inspired, that is always my favorite part of these challenges. LOVE the yellow frame especially!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Love your frame!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this card will brighten anyone's day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lindsay I LOVE this! Such a GREAT take on the photo inspiration!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you've got the best design sense when it comes to sentiment treatments. I would have placed it inside the frame and it would have been way crowded and ugly, and here you've done it again with the perfect placement! Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, Lindsay. If you haven't got the dies for the leaf set you must. I LOVE them! :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Lindsay! Love the mix of bright and bold colors! Great take on the inspiration photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty Lindsay! Again, you've bowled me over with all the uplifting color. So happy inducing (if there is such a thing). I adore your design aesthetic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your sense of LO and design just really awe me Linz. You are so good at "shaking it up" a little and making me wonder why I didn't think of it! I love this graphic beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous design! I LOVE how you framed out just part of the stamped image and then carried one of the flowers and one of the buttons onto the top of the frame!!! Beautiful take on the Trigger photo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You always WOW me, Lindsay! Truly inspired framing, and perfect balancing of elements! This is just the *prettiest* card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woweeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! This is so pretty! You seem to be channeling Maile Belles wit this card! SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I so love how you brought all these colors in here! This is fantastic! That frame is perfect and I love the buttons! Maybe a new favorite of mine! Although...I have lots of yours as faves! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Lindsay! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS