Thursday, April 28, 2011

Forever and For All Eternity...Tissue Paper Magic Challenge

To find the sneak peak of Simply Delightful by The Craft's Meow please click Here, or scroll down.

Hi again my friend!  I can't ever stay away from this blog it seems!  I have been wanting to play with the Moxie Fab World Challenge using tissue or crepe paper and could not seem to get to it.  Well, I got PC's latest special issue, Card Creations 9 (I have three cards in it-WOOT) and was completely inspired by Windy Robinsons gorgeous card using white and kraft with a beautiful white bloom in the center.  Love the Kraft on the white and the lovely contrast.  Here is what I came up with:


I punched out three circles and ran them through my Zyron Sticker maker.  Laying the paper down and pleating as I went around the circle.   Trimmed off the edges to make them a bit smaller and then layered them together with Scor-Tape.


Added a big white pearly button to the center along with some pearls in various sizes.


Attached Burlap "leaves" to the back...and attached it to a Kraft panel that was inked with Walnut Stain Distress ink and accented with faux white stitching.


Stamped my sentiment in black from Paper Smooches Pretty Phrases set and adhered the panel to a white card base.


That is truly all I have today, but I will be back tomorrow for one of my fav sets from The Craft's Meow!  See you then!

Lindsay

Supplies:
Paper: White, Kraft Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Pretty Phrases Paper Smooches
Ink: Walnut Stain Distress Ink Ranger, Tuxedo Black Tsukineko
Embellishments: PEarls Kaisercraft, Burlap Canvas Corp., Fresh Snow Vintage Button Papertrey Ink
Tools: White Gel Pen Sakura

16 comments:

  1. Love this flower and the leaves are super cool! I saw your cards in that issue (I got mine yesterday) and I'm on page 67! Yipee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this color combo! Kraft and white is gorgeous! I will try this combo now and see if we can keep the trend going! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I love the white and Kraft color combo too, Lindsay, and your flower is STUNNING! Love the added texture from the burlap leaf too, wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So simple yet so stunning. Great job........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the Moxie Fab World blog and I think your card could win! Crossing my fingers for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My jaw hit the floor with this one Lindsay. WOW. just wow.I think the white "stitching" is the best final touch...just brings it all together! You should win for SURE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful!! A card I would love to have! :) I love your new blog look! It's so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! Simple and not too busy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! The kraft on white is so striking! so are those fabulous stitches and your tissie flower. Loving the burlap leaves too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. good grief woman....this is gorgeous...it would be wonderful framed and given as a wedding giftie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this monochromatic look! It's absolutely stunning! And all your white gel pen details just POP on the kraft! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is a great color combo!! and love how you mixed the burlap in with the tissue paper!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The texture on this card is amazing!! I am loving all the different looks on this card! The flower is wonderful, as are the leaves and the sentiment fits perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is another WOWER!!! Oh my stars, it's so . . . perfect! Unique, textured like crazy, creative, OUT OF THIS WORLD GOOD! (Can you tell I love it?) ;->

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning card, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Lindsay! Thanks for linking this up to the Tissue Paper Magic Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS