Thursday, October 28, 2010

Many Thanks

Hey there!  I could not seem to sqeeze a card in for the life of me!  Yesterday I went thrift shopping with my parents (my dad is retired) and found so many great treasures!  I wish I had time to share!  For now though I thought I would share the card I made for my mom and dad using my new Waltzingmouse Stamps!  I went with a color combo I know my mom loves and who can resist these delightful cupcakes?!  Dig in!


I started by stamping the rectangular frame in black ink on a white card base, masking it off and then stamping polka dots from Polka Dot Basics by Papertrey Ink.  I then stamped my cupcakes in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored them in with Copic Markers.


I also made a little trip to my local craft store and picked up a large multi-colored pack of Flock!  I was a little intimidated by it at first, but after watching a few YouTube videos was a little more at ease.  I love the look of those cutie cupcakes!  Love how this turned out.  Thank you so much for stopping by today, I hope you have a good one!

Lindsay

Supplies used:
Paper: White Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Frame-It Waltzingmouse Stamps; Polka-Dot Basics Papertrey Ink
Ink: True Black, Raspberry Fizz Papertrey Ink; Tuxedo Black Tsukineko; Cadmium ColorBox; Copic Markers 
Embellishment: Hot Pink Flock Hampton Art

14 comments:

  1. Super cute card, Lindsay! These colors are so yummy together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, Lindsay! I love how the colors are so bright and vibrant. Love the pretty flock too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look yummy enough to eat! This is such a fun and cheerful color combo. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these look so yummy! Love the vibrancy of the yellow dots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cupcakes look so delicious! Yummy! I love the huge polka dot background. I need to do a little research on "flock". Not sure what it is.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fantastic color combination and the flocking is a superb idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a bright and cheery card! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look soo yummy you could eat them! I can't wait to see what you create with the flock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so adorable! Love the row of cupcakes and the sunny colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how u colored the cupcakes. They look good enough to eat!
    *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how bright this is! (I also love this set but am having a hard time ordering it since I have the PTI framed set but I LOVE the sentiments in this) Great card Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so cute and the cupcakes look yummy enough to eat! I hope you'll share the treasures you found at the thrift shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a yummy card, love the bright, happy colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable! I love the idea of the flocking! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS