Thursday, July 8, 2010

Celebrate Today

Hello!  This is probably the lengthiest post I have ever written so bear with me.  I have a little card to share with you that has a very masculine feel.  I combined Orange Zest, Chartreuse and Dark Chocolate.  I love when I find color combos by accident.  The scraps happened to be lying there begging to be put together.  I stamped the background with the Masculine Motifs leaf in Versamark ink and heat embossed it with clear powder. 


On a personal note my husband has been researching my maternal grandmother's family and has found out some really neat information!  I won't bore you with all of the details but he managed to find the gravestone of my great, great, great grandparents who came from Germany, using old land records on the internet.  Along with this great find, he managed to piece together the majority of my maternal grandmother's ancestors and their occupations using a couple online resources.  Love my husbands enthusiasm for family history!  I just love learning about where my family came from and what they did when they were living.  Have you checked out your family's past?  I hope your days are filled with fun and relaxation, and maybe some history too!


Supplies for Celebrate Today:
Paper: Papertrey Ink Orange Zest, Chartreuse, Dark Chocolate
Stamps: PTI Masculine Motifs, Background Basics: Woodgrain, Mega Mixed Messages
Ink: Tsukineko Versamark; PTI Dark Chocolate, Chai Tea Dye Cube
Embellishment: PTI Dark Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon, Rustic Twine
Tools: Sizzix Tags Die; We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper; Darice Heat Tool; Hampton Art Clear             Embossing Powder
Adhesive: American Crafts 3D Dots; Tombow Mono

*******In case you are interested, I have a few things for sale that you may check out using the For Purchase tab under my blog header of.  Here is the list of items I am currently selling.

Cricut Personal Cutter V.1 (this is a couple years old and is NOT compatible of accepting the SCAL software, although upgrades are available for this machine)

Includes blade/housing, one unused mat.  This machine is in very good condition.
$115.00 plus $20.00 shipping (+/- depending on where you live)











Archivers Embellishment Caddy
$10.00 plus shipping (10-15.00 depending on location)









Disney Pooh Font Set
$15.00 plus $4.85 shipping sm flat rate box 






17 comments:

  1. Great masculine card, I'm in awe that you've used ribbon and it just makes it look more masculine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic man card!! I love the woodgrain at the top and the embossed leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card - great colors! And how cool that you have been able to learn about your family's history! I find that stuff to be fascinating! My great grandfather was in the Secret Service and was a body guard for Eleanor Roosevelt, so my grandma had many neat stories about growing up in Washington D.C. with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who'd ever think those colors would go together but you make it work, Lindsay! That darker ribbon really "ties" them together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty, Lindsay! It *is* a great color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning card Lindsay, LOVE those colors together!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I {heart} this color combo, Lindsay! GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, i've alwasy said I was going to look into my background, but haven't yet. That's very cool that you guys are doing that. Myabe i'll find out i'm royalty..lol...or maybe not. I really like the colors on your cards. The woodgrain looks fabulous on the top.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your card is fantastic! Love how the colors just pop out at me!
    And your hubster deserves a real prize for researching info on YOUR family. Very cool Lindsay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great color combo and the leaves and woodgrain are perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. FABULOUS card, Lindsay! Love the mix of pattern and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an interesting post today, Lindsay! Wow...I've never thought of checking my family background though I know my grandparents were from China. Sometimes I do wonder if I have any relatives from China :)

    Love the card! It's really hard for me to create a masculine card. I think I need to create more masculine cards. They say practice makes perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful courd Lindsay! Love the colours and patterns :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the unexpected color combo, Lindsay! That woodgrain stamp set is just the best for masculine cards, isn't it? It's great that your DH is researching your family history! It's addictive, so you probably aren't seeing much of him, LOL! I've done some looking too, and would you believe the first thing I found out (thanks to my gr-grandmother's unusual last name) . . . was that I'm descended from 5 Mayflower passengers?! There were lots more neat surprises like that that I won't bore you with--you have a lot to look forward to finding out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok girl...you are totally selling me on the wood grain stamp set. I didn't get that one. I don't have any masculine stamps..think I will get this one. Thanks! :)
    That is awesome your husband did that for you. So sweet of him. I bet you found out some neat stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this!! It's gorgeous! And how cool is that? What a sweet husband! I love history so that is fascinating to me!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS