Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Virginia's View Challenge #25

Hello lovlies!

I was able to get crafty last evening, and made a card! Virginia has a great challenge this month, over at Virginia's View Challenge, using stripes or plaid, and having just watercolored these gorgeous flowers from Altenew, decided they need to be put with stripes. Yes, indeed!


I colored these up using Derwent Inktense pencils, and if you follow me on Instagram, know that this is part of a great coloring challenge put on by the talented Kathy R.!


I started by stamping two blooms from Altenew's Botanical Garden set, using Versafine Onyx Black ink. It is a waterproof ink once it's dry, and it won't smear when you water color over it. Once that was stamped, I started coloring!


Using Derwent Inktense pencils, which is a vibrant watercolor pigment, I colored in the flowers. Once the color is dry, it can't be reactivated. Which is great if you're a klutz, and drip water on your projects!!  


Once I had cut out my flowers, I stamped my sentiment and adhered a bit of patterned stripe paper, both from MFT, and adhered the flowers with foam tape. I finished it off with a few sequins and drops from Pretty Pink Posh. 

Below is the graphic, in case you might be interested in playing along. Thank you so much for stopping by! 





1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card Lindsay - love the pinks over the gray stripes.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS