Saturday, May 3, 2014

The World To Me

Hey there!

I hope you are having a fabulous weekend so far.  I am stopping by with a shaker card today using some fun Avery Elle stamps and Pretty Pink Posh sequins.  I had to play along with the Mother's Day challenge also, because I wanted to make a super special card for my mom!

This card was a serious labor of love, it took forever to make!  I had to keep modifying the design, and of course I applied all of the adhesive to the die cut window panel, and only then realized I forgot to adhere the acetate first, oh bother!  Needless to say, it is accomplished, and I love it!


So to begin, I took a white panel, and stamped the woodgrain pattern from Woodgrain and More, in Vanilla HA ink.  I then die cut a window using Paper Smooches Duo Die 2 from the upper center.


I then attached the acetate with strong adhesive, and covered the edges of the frame with foam.  I sprinkled in some fun sequins, and adhered it to my card base that I stamped with the Thanks A Bunch set.  I added my sentiment from the Love Notes set, cut it out and popped it up.  Lastly, I die cut letters from Avery's Alpha dies in Kraft and adhered them with foam.


Oh, and i {heart} papers is having a sale because of today's National Scrapbooking Day, so head on over for a bit of a discount when you shop!


Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

  1. Oh, this is such a pretty shaker card, Lindsay! Thanks for joining the Avery Elle challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so pretty :) love the shaker card !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Shaker cards are very fun for the recipient, but they are a ton of work! You did a great job here,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Saw this over at the Avery Elle challenge and had to come in for a closer look! Beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! Love the shaker and the background inside the shaker. Thanks for playing along with Avery Elle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card! Thanks for playing along with Avery Elle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindsay, this project is absolutely darling! I can see that you took such care to attend to every detail, and no doubt your mom loved it! Thank you so much for playing with us at the AEI♥U Challenge - we appreciate you so much and always look forward to your beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS