Sunday, April 1, 2012

Mr. Ornery

Hey there!  I hope your weekend is going well.  I have a layout to share with you today using papers from the March Studio Calico kit.  I have apparently forgotten all other patterned papers I own except their kits, lol.  Anyhow, I picked this really cute picture of Jonathan because of the cantankerous look on his face.  This is my child...sigh, just like his mama.  Now, I was a little hesitant to title this page as I have, because when I looked up the actual meaning of the word ornery, I didn't want to label my boy as such because the definition sounded a bit harsh, so I am going to say he is spunky, sassy, and stubborn.  :0) I chose a really clean and simple layout from the Studio Calico Blog's latest Sunday Sketch challenge.


Starting with white cardstock, I splattered three colors of mist and added patterned papers to the sides.


I then stamped the alpha set in gray ink and started to mat my patterned papers and washi tapes, as well as my photo.  I used some really fun Fabrips from SC, just the right colors and texture!


I added some October Afternoon Buttons from the Sasparilla collection as well as some chipboard from the Sidewalks Chip n stick.  Lastly, I added my sentiment using letter stickers from October Afternoon, which I just noticed is the second time I used a Mr in front, lol!


I hope you've enjoyed and have a great rest of your weekend!



Supplies:
Paper: White American Crafts
Patterned Paper: Sasparilla October Afternoon, Cut A Rug Studio Calico, Glacier Kesi' art, March Kit SC
Stamps: Alpha Hero Arts/Studio Calico Narrative Add-On
Ink: Wet Cement Hero Arts, SprINKlers in Rocket Blue, Night Sky October Afternoon
Embellishments: Buttons Sasparilla October Afternoon, Fabrips, Washi Tape Studio Calico, Tissue Tape Tim Holtz
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS